Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
: 44 Binney St, BostonJob Family
: AdministrationFull/Part Time
: RegularFLSA Status
: ExemptJob Summary
Located in Boston, Dana Farber Cancer Institute brings together world renowned clinicians, innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow’s physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our community; and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
Under the general direction of the Chief Administrator of Medical Oncology, this position has comprehensive administrative responsibility for the division of medical oncology. This position requires the professional skills to coordinate all aspects of the administrative aspects of the Harvard appointment process. There may be additional complexity added to this role. This position will support assigned number of staff members and will provide support of various leadership levels requiring appropriate ability to manage time-sensitive information. Reporting directly to the Chief Administrator, this position may be delegated the responsibility to serve as an extender and liaison to other Institute Divisions, external organizations, or business entities such as Dana-Farber/Partners Cancer Care, Dana-Farber/Harvard Cancer Center, and/or Harvard teaching hospitals.
- Primary administrator of Harvard Medical School Professional Staff Appointments
- Assure quality in formatting and content in preparation of curriculum vitae and promotional letters of proposal
- Process all HMS first annual and term appointment, reappointment, promotion and termination materials within the Department of Medical Oncology
- Process all HMS first annual appointments for the Departments of Cancer Biology and Cancer Immunology and AIDS
- Process all HMS and BWH physician credentialing applications
- Maintain and update research scientist roster
- Coordinate faculty search processes and maintain records, provide administrative assistance to search committee if requested
- Train new administrators and serve as a resource on academic appointment and credentialing processes
- Assist in maintenance of the faculty database
- Serve as keygiver for new physicians and physician assistant
- BWH Department of Medicine Office of Faculty Services
- HMS Office of Faculty Affairs
- DFCI Office of Medical Affairs and Professional Credentialing
- BWH Provider Services
- College degree and minimum of 5 years experience required in an office setting.
- Experience working in a medical environment is preferred.
- Excellent English language reading, writing, and speaking skills required.
- Must have demonstrated ability to coordinate complex projects or assignments.
- High level of administrative expertise.
- Must be able to work autonomously.
- Must be proficient in spreadsheet, word processing and database applications.
32 hrs a week