Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
: 450 Brookline AveJob Family
: AdministrationFull/Part Time
: RegularFLSA Status
: ExemptJob Summary
Located in Boston, Dana Farber Cancer Institute brings together world renowned clinicians, innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow’s physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our community; and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
This position provides a variety of administrative functions to staff, faculty member/s or department/s. Uses various office software to produce reports, spreadsheets, presentations or other documents as needed. Requires knowledge of Institute policies and practices and may be required to interface with senior management, cross-organizations, internal and external customers and government and community officials which require considerable tact and diplomacy. Job Qualifications
Under limited supervision, also provides specialized administrative support as follows - including the coordination of hiring requisitions and associated paperwork, and visa applications.
- Responsible for light typing, basic document preparation, data entry, and may handle mass mailing projects.
- Responsible for scheduling meetings for individuals supported, including conference room scheduling. May be responsible for very limited patient appointment scheduling/reconciliation.
- Coordinates travel arrangements for individuals supported, as well as laboratory personnel, postdoctoral candidates and visiting speakers.
- May assist with the onboarding of new staff members. Where applicable, assists in obtaining keys, lockers, lab coats and notebooks.
- Responsible for ordering of supplies and ensures equipment is maintained
- Answers phones and directs calls to appropriate parties.
- Responsible for general office duties such as copying, filing, faxing, sorting mail, greeting visitors and maintaining the cleanliness of office area.
- May be asked to cover for other administrative support staff during absences.
- Perform duties related to other special projects as required.
- Responsible for the planning and preparation of conferences/retreats, which includes booking the venue, coordination of speakers, arranging for audiovisual equipment and ordering of food services and may be involved in fundraising activities for the event. As part of event planning responsibilities, the maintenance of Continual Medical Education (CME) information renewals and awareness of conflicts of interest is required. May also be responsible for coordinating departmental group meetings.
- Prepares general correspondence, letters of recommendations, creates Excel spreadsheets, revises existing PowerPoint presentations and maintains biosketches and CVs.
- Assists with grant applications and manuscript preparation (including proofreading and editing).
- May be responsible for academic and hospital appointment processes, and the maintenance of licenses, credentialing and certifications.
- May be responsible for the recruitment support of candidates, and coordination performance review evaluations for staff and faculty.
- Prepares monthly expense reports, performs Pcard reconciliations, processes requests for vendor payments and creates invoices.
- May be asked to be a representative in committees, cross-department responsibilities and/or task forces.
- May be responsible for website maintenance as needed.
- May coordinate moves, meetings assignments, equipment upkeep and timekeeping oversight
- May assist in the training of new administrative support staff within the group.
M-F, 40 hrs/week