Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
: Yawkey Center for Cancer CareJob Family
: AdministrationFull/Part Time
: RegularFLSA Status
: ExemptJob Summary
Located in Boston, Dana Farber Cancer Institute brings together world renowned clinicians, innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow’s physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our community; and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
The Clinical Administrative Support Lead will be the manager of the Centralized Back Office. The Lead will be the liason for all the programs supported by the back office and will ensure communication is smooth and services are always covered. The Lead is expected to work collaborately with internal and external customers to provide additional services as the office expands.
The Clinical Administrative Support Lead for the Centralized Back Office will be expected to:
- Supervise the day to day operations in the centralized back office supporting staff and ensuring a high level functioning unit with excellent customer service standards
- Supervise and manage the human resources processes for the staff in the centralized back office
- Possess a level of independence requiring knowledge of multiple disease specific programs
- Know and understand internal DFCI policy and ensure staff is compliant.
- Run reports to ensure scheduling staff stays within scheduling guidelines
- Create and maintain performance reports for scheduling staff
- Function as a content expert/resource leader/champion in quality improvement/process improvement initiatives and projects.
- Ensure quality clinical care and adherence to standard operating procedures and compliance requirements.
- Oversee accurate completion of designated responsibilities and processes.
- Participate in committees, meetings and in rollouts of new clinical applications and programs.
- Organize and complete the recruiting process of employees for the centralized back office.
- Complete and submit the annual evaluations of performance for employees including feedback from other managers as appropriate.
- Ensure staff is trained appropriately to fulfill the roles they are performing
- Develop and lead training programs.
- Assist with resource allocation and budgeting analysis.
- Responsible for discrepancy report resolution (past pending, charge capture).
- Handle complex scheduling and is seen as an expert on the scheduling system
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate coverage in the absence of staff or manager.
- Lead staff meetings
- May assist staff with complex administrative responsibilities and intra/inter-institutional coordination and communication.
- Complete other tasks as needed
Bachelors degree preferred and/or 4-6 years equivalent experience required. Experience working in a medical or customer service setting, including schedulingpreferred. Experience managing staff preferred. Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.Schedule
Monday to Friday
40 hours a week