Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
: 454 Brookline AvenueJob Family
: MaintenanceFull/Part Time
: RegularFLSA Status
: NonexemptJob Summary
Located in Boston, Dana Farber Cancer Institute brings together world renowned clinicians, innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research that advances treatment; we educate tomorrows physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our community; and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
- Responsible for preventative maintenance, repairs and minor alterations, including but not limited to construction, repair, and maintenance.
- Must pull building permits when needed.
- Follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean environment.
- Maintain, inspect and record fire/smoke barrier integrity
- Use hand and power tools, according to instructions and/or common practice.
- Determines proper materials, tools and methods for each work assignment
- May be required to perform other tasks, such as replacing or glazing sash, repairing floors, ceilings, and assisting other tradesmen in group tasks.
- Responsible for maintaining records of work done, time records and P/M records through the CMMS system.
- Must provide the highest level of personal protection at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school or trade school graduate preferred.
- Construction Supervisors license required
- Fit II fire stopping certificate preferred
Tuesday thru Saturday 7 to 3