Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
: Dana-Farber MassachusettsJob Family
: BusinessFull/Part Time
: RegularFLSA Status
: ExemptJob Summary
Located in Boston, Dana Farber Cancer Institute brings together world renowned clinicians, innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research that advances treatment; we educate tomorrows physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our community; and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
The Linen Coordinator, in collaboration with and direction from the Central Sterile Supply Manager is responsible for the management of the day to day operation of the institutes linen and lab coat program. Responsibilities include inventory management, ordering, linen distribution, customer service, linen cost management, and quality control for all departments utilizing linen services throughout the institute.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Acts as a resource for the staff responsible for the distribution of linens to clinical areas.
- Troubleshoots all routine problems and inquiries relative to departments functions and operations.
- Supervise daily activities of Central Sterile Supply Technicians.
- Assigns work tasks to Central Sterile Supply Technicians.
- Monitors tardiness of CSSD staff and reports any issues to CSSD Manager.
- Communicates and documents personnel issues to CSSD Manager.
- Assists CSSD Manager with orientation, training and continuing education program for staff.
- In conjunction with CSSD Manager develops, implements, and monitors CSSD linen policies and procedures.
- Participates in the criteria based performance appraisals of CSSD staff.
- Attends workshops and seminars to improve or maintain awareness of current practice and new procedures.
- Maintains safe, clean and organized work area in compliance with all standards, regulations and policies.
- Works with service representatives making recommendations to improve the overall quality and efficiency of linen services.
- Maintains accurate files of all linen delivered and sends information to necessary areas to evaluate usage and control costs.
- Work collaboratively with Materials Management staff as needed to maintain automated product ordering system e.g. stock replenishment, order requisition, product order confirmation, update product pricing, and new product information.
- Manage personalized uniform program to include weekly audits to ensure wearer listing is updated and accurate.
- Delivery of laundry / linens (to include but not limited to, Johnnies, Pajamas, Sheets, Scrubs, Linens, Towels, Blankets, etc.) throughout the Institute as required.
- Lab Coats, Hospital Scrubs, manning delivery window at set scheduled Institute hours.
- The Linen Coordinator assumes responsibility of the linen department in the absence of the CSSD Manager.
- Strong organizational skills to effectively coordinate the efforts of two support staff.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Associate degree preferred.
- CRCST certification preferred.
- Ability to lift up to twenty-five pounds, and move heavy linen carts as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- A minimum of three years progressively responsible experience in a Laundry setting or similar position to include practical experience in sterile processing and/or materials management.
- Supervisory experience in Linen management required.
- Excellent internal and external organizational skills, including the ability to multi-task, delegate appropriately and meet deadlines.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems in a systematic, logical and timely manner.
- Ability to adapt to change in daily routine.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products including inventory and production support software.
- Able to work standing. Must be able to bend, twist, push, pull and lift up to twenty-five pounds without special equipment or assistance.