Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
: Yawkey Center for Cancer CareJob Family
: AdministrationFull/Part Time
: RegularFLSA Status
: ExemptJob Summary
In addition to administrative and clinical operations support responsibilities of the Clinical Administrative Support Associates and Specialists, this position assists the clinical practice support management with workflow and allocation of resources within the department.
Possesses a level of independence requiring knowledge of multiple disease specific programs.
- Functions as a content expert/resource leader/champion in quality improvement/process improvement initiatives and projects.
- Ensures quality clinical care and adherence to standard operating procedures and compliance requirements.
- Oversees accurate completion of designated responsibilities and processes.
- Participates in committees, meetings and in rollouts of new clinical applications and programs.
- Participates in the recruiting process (interviewing and hiring) of employees.
- Participates in the annual evaluations of performance for employees.
- Assists in the training and mentoring of staff.
- Develops and leads training programs.
- Assists with resource allocation and budgeting analysis.
- Responsible for discrepancy report resolution (past pending, charge capture).
- Handles complex scheduling and is seen as an expert on the scheduling system (aka Training Ambassador).
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate coverage in the absence of staff or manager.
- May be required to lead staff meetings in the absence of clinical practice support management.
- May assist staff with complex administrative responsibilities and intra/inter-institutional coordination and communication.
Associates degree and/or 4-6 years equivalent experience required. Bachelors degree preferred. Experience working in a medical or customer service setting preferred. Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.Schedule
Varies: 6:15am - 5:00pm