Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
: 10 Brookline Place, BrooklineJob Family
: DevelopmentFull/Part Time
: RegularFLSA Status
: ExemptJob Summary
Located in Boston, Dana Farber Cancer Institute brings together world renowned clinicians, innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow’s physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our community; and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
The Senior Associate, Development IS provides administrative support to Assistant Vice President of Development IS.
- Manage and maintain schedules, appointments and travel arrangements for AVP and senior team
- Monitor, respond to and distribute incoming communications
- Conduct research, assemble and analyze data to prepare reports and documents
- Arrange and coordinate meetings and events
- Prepare and edit agendas,communications, presentations, documentation, correspondence and other documents
- Record, transcribe and distribute minutes of meetings as needed
- Answer and manage incoming calls
- File and retrieve documents and reference materials
- Receive and interact with incoming visitors
- Process invoices, expense reports, journal entries and coordinate with F&RM and Finance as needed.
- Maintain tracking system for all departmental operating and capital expenses; and generate regular departmental budget analysis reports.
- Coordinate and track vendor/consultant contracts
- Coordinate training administration
- Coordinate updates to the Divisions intranet site
- Order supplies, copy materials, etc.
- Serve as back-up to the Support Specialist as needed
- Review operating practices and implement improvements where necessary
- Execute a variety of projects as assigned.
- Gain working knowledge of business & desktop applications used by Development.
- Gain understanding of planning process and current IS projects.
- Assist with relaying confidential information between Division Directors and Sr. VP.
- Serve as administrative back-up for other Sr. Associates and front desk as needed.
- Responsible for assisting the entire department, including business units reach financial goals.
College degree and/or administrative training degree preferred 2-3 years administrative experience. Excellent written and verbal communications skills are necessary with a strong orientation to customer service. Superior organization and planning skills, work management and prioritizing skills, as well as ability to manage a variety of projects are key. Directed and self-starting attitude with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team and work with a variety of personalities. Excellent problem solving ability, attention to detail, accuracy, flexibility, and reliability required. Strong computer skills and competency in Microsoft Office Suite products is absolutely necessary. A high degree of confidentiality must always be exercised.Schedule
Full time position. Monday - Friday 8:30 - 5:00. Some evening and weekends may be required.