Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Located in Boston, Dana Farber Cancer Institute brings together world renowned clinicians, innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow’s physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our community; and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
The Business Analyst is responsible for production systems support within the supply chain business area including Purchasing, Central Sterile, Inventory and Receiving. Strives to optimize departmental productivity through use of automated information systems serving as liaison to Accounts Payable, Finance, Central Sterile, Inventory, Pharmacy, Receiving, Information Systems and Human Resources. Participates in various organizational committees to improve operational effectiveness and efficiencies. This position reports to the Director, Materials Management.
1. Provides ongoing ¿front line¿ support for PeopleSoft ERP system.
2. Work collaboratively with customers and suppliers to focus efforts on the areas of greatest return.
3. Focus on industry best practices and maintain metric report.
4. Serves as the primary liaison for installations, upgrades, maintenance and fixes and coordinates end users, Purchasing, Inventory and Receiving staff to define functionality and user requirements, testing, etc.
5. Perform level 1 trouble shooting on tickets logged with help desk.
6. Triage, investigate, resolve or dispatch issues as appropriate.
7. Acceptance testing, developing scripts, executing scripts and communicating outcomes to supply chain business area representatives for approval.
8. Manage and conduct user training.
9. Implement and manage Par Location Inventory Control throughout the Institution.
10. Support all annual inventory and cycle counts as needed.
11. Create and maintain report layouts.
12. Provide subject matter expertise to super users.
13. Create, organize and maintain queries
14. Analyzing inventory metrics, recommending improvement approaches, and managing the implementation of improvement projects. Sample metrics to be evaluated may include: Inventory Turns, On-Time Delivery %, Returns to Stock %, Inventory Accuracy.
15. Collaborates with IS, Finance, Accounts Payable, Central Sterile, Inventory, Receiving and Human Resources to design, develop, maintain and integrate all supply chain systems recommending improvements as appropriate to achieve maximum efficiency.
16. Performs other related duties as assigned.
1. Minimum of 5 years ERP system maintenance experience.
2. Bachelors degree in Business, Logistics or Management preferred.
3. Strong personal computing skills, knowledge and ability to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
4. Experience in the use of ERP technology to examine and analyze data; PeopleSoft experience preferred.
5. Must be a team player, sharing information willingly and accurately.
6. Excellent organizational, customer service, analytical and problem solving skills.
7. Experience in healthcare or life sciences environment preferred.
8. Ability to work independently.
9. Skilled in consensus building and project management.
10. Ability to quickly establish credibility and build organizational relationships.
11. Customer centric focus.
12. The ability to work under pressure, often to tight and changing deadlines.
13. A flexible approach to working hours when required.
14. Excellent organizational and communication skills required.
15. Calm and approachable nature with the ability to communicate effectively and professionally at all levels within the organization.
16. Ability to work effectively with a variety of personalities and styles.
17. Record of leading process improvement efforts and gaining stated objectives on time and within budget.
18. Integrity, professionalism, optimism and energy.
19. Self starter with exceptional problem solving skills and results-driven orientation.
M-F 8 AM - 4:30 PM