Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Located in Boston, Dana Farber Cancer Institute brings together world renowned clinicians, innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our community; and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
The staff nurse's responsibilities include complex blood draws, placing IV's, and accessing central lines, for patients in preparation of radiology and infusion therapy. The IV nurse has a daily schedule of patient appointments every 15 minutes. The nurse must demonstrate oncological assessment and intervene with patient and families providing both psychosocial and emotional support. He/she must be proficient in IV skills. TPA is also administered in this setting. The Mission, Vision and Core values of the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute are incorporated into all areas of practice.
1. Licensed as a registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
2. Baccalaureate degree required; baccalaureate degree in nursing preferred
3. IV experience required.
4. Ambulatory and chemotherapy infusion experienced preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
1. Demonstrated ability to work as an effective member of an interdisciplinary team.
2. Demonstrated skills in critical thinking, problem solving, and ability to make independent decisions.
3. Ability to function in a busy work setting with addressing complex IV needs
8 hours per week
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an Affirmation Action/Equal Opportunity Employer - committed to diversity and inclusion in our workforce.