Lowell General Hospital
Position: Physician Recruiter
Reports to: Director of Physician Services
The physician recruiter is responsible for coordinating activities for the purpose of recruitment and retention of physicians for physician practices affiliated with Lowell General Hospital.
1. Plans, designs and implements strategies to attract appropriate physician candidates utilizing journal and on-line advertising, direct mail campaigns, conference exhibits and on-site presentations which involves composing letters and flyers, designing ads and booth displays.
2. Develops position descriptions and screen all incoming curriculum vitas against broad specifications for each open position.
3. Researches and compares area provider compensation packages against current packages offered by recruiting practices.
4. Tracks by date and source all contacts with and/or curriculum vitiates received from candidates and other sources. Conducts phone interviews with appropriate candidates and refer CVs to appropriate recruiting practice contact.
5. Coordinates visit dates and prepares and distributes itineraries for physician candidates with appropriate staff and makes all candidate travel and accommodation arrangements. Coordinates all aspects of the visit with the recruiting practice and other vendors (i.e. real estate agent)
6. Debriefs candidates following their visit and reviews our opportunity
7. Coordinates feedback from Administration and physicians on candidates after their visit, makes recommendations on how to proceed and assists in the decision making process.
8. Develops, collects and keeps current all materials used in informational packages sent to interested candidates.
9. Provides regular updates to Director of Physician Services on status of each recruitment engagement.
10. Assists as needed with licensing, credentialing, immigration, relocation and orientation of all new physicians.
11. Represents Lowell General Hospital at physician recruitment job fairs and events in which informal recruitment occurs (i.e., conferences).
12. Participates in state and national physician recruitment associations.
13. Works collaboratively with the Marketing Department to develop new physician advertising.
14. Works in collaboration with the Director of Physician Services and the Manager of the Medical Staff Office to troubleshoot physician issues and follow-up in a timely manner.
15. Creates and tracks all income guarantees related to new physician placements in the community and collaborates with the finance department for appropriate reporting needs.
16. Design and keep current a state-of-the-art Physician Orientation Manual/Program
17. Act as liaison to physician office managers
18. Coordinate bi-annual physician office orientation/update program
19. Create and maintain a physician recruitment manual
20. Other duties as assigned.
Bachelors degree required.
Three to five years of experience in a healthcare environment required.
Experience working directly with physicians is necessary.
Solid communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work with staff at all levels.
Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and process detailed information.
Strong communication, interpersonal and team player skills.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is a must.