- Bachelors degree is required
- Experience is required
- Supervisory experience is required
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Promotes the philosophy, mission, goals and objectives of the institution and the department.
2. Responsible for 24 hour day-to-day operation of the Respiratory Therapy Department.
3. Maintains efficient clinical, financial and patient flow systems and improves same.
4. Responsible for all human resource activities such as hiring, terminations, evaluating and corrective action.
5. Ensures educational/professional staff development and improved knowledge of staff.
6. Ensures the clinical and behavioral competency of staff.
7. Ensures timely data collection, analysis of information and operational response to such information -- including payroll, FTE budget, supply and expense, patient/family satisfaction, and evidence-based clinically effective quality outcome measures.
8. Responsible for annual planning relative to service line and integration with organization's strategic plan.
9. Knowledgeable about day-to-day operations; appropriately delegates and prioritizes.
10. Ensures time schedules result in proper coverage for all shifts.
11. Ensures accreditation and regulatory compliance within the service line, including Joint Commission, DPH, OSHA and FDA.
12. Actively participates in hospital-wide quality improvement process activities.
13. Collaborates with Director to prepare and manage annual operating and capital equipment budgets.
14. In collaboration with Director, formulates, implements, reviews and revises policies, procedures and standards of patient care.
15. Addresses union issues and brings resolution to union grievances
16. Investigates and submits reports on unusual occurrences with necessary follow through.
17. Reviews, investigates and responds to patient complaints.
It is understood that this is a summary of key job functions and does not include every detail of the job that may reasonably be required.
Five years of respiratory care experience. Two years experience in a leadership position.
Solid background in planning, organizing and supervising
Proven leadership experience, demonstrated problem solver.
Recent experience/knowledge of the latest, state-of-the-art respiratory equipment/technology/procedures.
Working knowledge of financial reports including operational/capital budgets.
Demonstrated skill in identifying, utilizing and scheduling staff.
Excellent interpersonal skills and effective communication (oral and written) abilities.
Demonstrated ability to handle crisis situations in an effective, prompt, precise and professional manner.
Graduate of an accredited program for Respiratory Care.
Bachelors Degree; Master's Degree preferred
Current RT license in Massachusetts.
National Board Certification in CRTT or RRT
Full-time; 40 hpw; 8 hr. shifts